Our Treasurer, Mona Vernon, described how Scrips works at a booster meeting earlier in the year, but not many have signed up. Once you sign up, watch the easy money start coming in. Please visit Shop With Scrip website for more information or contact
Good news: It’s really simple!
The Basics of a Scrip Program
- Your members buy retail gift cards through your scrip program at face value.
- They choose from nearly 400 national retail stores where they already shop. Click here for a full retailer list.
- Your organization buys the gift cards at 1-13% less than face value (varies by retailer).
- The difference between face value and what your organization pays = your organization’s earnings.
- Your fundraising has begun!
Here’s an Example
Mrs. Smith needs some gardening supplies, so she buys a $100 The Home Depot® gift card for $100 through her son’s school scrip fundraiser. Cha-ching! She just earned $4 for the school because The Home Depot gift cards are available from Great Lakes Scrip Center at 4% less than face value. When Mrs. Smith checks out at The Home Depot, she pays with her gift card instead of using a credit or debit card! She will do the same thing when she needs cleaning supplies at Target®, and earn $2.50 just by using a $100 Target GiftCard to pay for her purchases.